Impermanence, this interesting "Buddhist" concept that encourages us to live change as the only constant, can also be applied to our business orientation.
A challenging question
How long will your existing customers stay alive?
The New Market Opening strategy is also evolving.
On the one hand, the market is evolving in the way it "consumes" and many companies are reviewing their business models and therefore their commercial strategy.
- Companies selling product that needs (or does not need) service.
- Companies selling service.
- Company with a servitized product.
- Company with «packaged» service.
- SAAS models.
On the other hand, in a B2B environment, as in life, companies also have their cycles and it is essential to have a healthy portfolio, which means not only keeping good customers, but also continuing to acquire new customers.
Key to this is to be able to enter new companies and/or penetrate new niches and/or reach new markets.
And we have to consider, for different markets or customer profiles, whether to do it directly or through a commercial channel, looking for or switching to distributors or agents, to gain speed in exchange for margin.
Because speed is a key factor to take into account, and because the interests of those around us (customers, collaborators, commercial channel, colleagues, ....) also change.
Changes in the competitive environment mean that business strategies focused on both entry into new markets and growth in existing ones, which were defined from a pre-covid perspective, are no longer valid and need to be rethought.
The concept of Strategic Adaptation as applied to the International Trade Action Plan
En esta realidad tan dinámica que nos toca vivir y lo que realmente nos vale es centrar nuestra estrategia en la adaptación al mercado. A los clientes. A los modelos de negocio. A las tecnologías. A los intereses en nuestra cadena de valor, en nuestro canal comercial.
Aunque hay cosas que no cambian, sobre todo en el corto plazo.
- Todas las estrategias de ventas tienen que ser validada con resultados y estos vienen como consecuencia siempre, de las ventas y éstas, de una buena labor comercial.
- Hay que replantearse prioridades y presupuesto redefiniendo tanto la estrategia a medio plazo como sobre todo el plan comercial a corto plazo.
- Hay un exceso de oferta. Nadie nos está esperando para comprarnos. Vender a nuevos clientes en nuevos mercados no es fácil. Los presupuestos son limitados, el personal del que disponemos también.
- No vendemos. Nos compran. Pero tenemos que vender para que nos compren.
¿Y en tu caso, cómo afrontarlo, cómo realinear tu plan comercial, tu plan de ventas ?
Obviously, without knowing you, we don't know how to answer you.
And of course there are no magic formulas for success.
At Onura we propose you to add your experience and knowledge of your reality to our multi-sector, multi-market and multi-company experience and knowledge, to build the answer together, with a LEAN approach.
Plan. Test, adjust and multiply.
Together we will apply the best practices in the definition and implementation of action plans focused on the entry into new customers, markets and niches, (both nationally and internationally), and specifically the ALLBOUND SALES methodology for B2B businesses, which is obtaining such good results in your reality.
To your business.