In all our projects that consist of executing a commercial plan there are always three parallel and constant lines of work:
- Strategy + Plan: Analysis and prioritisation: Together with the management team and focused on business development, we analyse the current situation, prioritise objectives (markets + customer profile), define the commercial speech and value proposition, the buyer persona or team and the action plan according to the available budget (offline + online).
- Search and contact of potential customers: contact to find the right people and to gather the relevant information to define next steps if there is an opportunity and if not, to understand the reason. The aim is always to arrange meetings and get to offer in order to sell.
- Field work: Visits to establish relationships and create opportunities, and subsequently get sales.
Needless to say, when we work we learn and, thanks to that, we improve day by day.
Besides, although we don’t like it, not to sell also teaches. If we learn why we don’t sell, then we will be able to change and adapt to get to do it or, on the contrary, to take the decision to stop trying in that specific market niche. If the business opportunity is not as immediate as thought in the first place, stopping to invest money and effort will be key to achieve a successful internationalisation.
In fact, in our projects, that are often product launches or entries into new markets or sectors and where the company that hires us lacks previous experience, being fast determining if there is a real opportunity is key for us.
It is important to know what can be done, but also how much it takes to get it done.
In many cases, these processes can take longer and are harder than what we initially thought.
In the last four weeks, we have spent a lot of time on the ground in our projects (as almost always), attracting new clients, establishing relationships and achieving sales for the companies that hire us.
- Morocco: more than 25 potential clients have been visited in the sector of water industry in the Moroccan market, closing deals with representatives and a distributor.
- UK: current customers follow-up has been done and new clients have been found, for a company of the textile industry on the one hand and for a company of automotive components on the other hand.
- Germany: new clients have been found in a new market niche for a client that sells security-related products.
- Spain: lately we have many projects in Spain, aimed at entering new markets, for companies mainly related to Industry 4.0 and additive technologies.
- France: we have years of experience working in this country in several sectors, although currently in projects related to railway, electronics and food industries.
- Colombia: working with hand tools.
In addition, we continuously have telephone contact that helps us to have a “thermometer” in the market and clients, in many countries: Czech Republic, Turkey, Russia, USA, Tunisia, Algeria, Oman, Arabia, Qatar, Chile, Mexico, Poland…
The results are achieved by working on the ground.
From strategy to action, and thanks to action, to sales.
And always as a team. We cannot sell without a well-made and competitive product and we cannot sell without a company culture open to change and to the changing needs of the market.